Dirt Devil Featherlite Cyclonic Bagless Cannister Vacuum SD40100
Is it really a DirtDevil? Let's see in this review!
- A lightweight vaccum cleaner,with a modern design
- HEPA Media filtration protects against over 99% dust and allergens
- Featuring a small compact design to fit any home environment and tucks away nicely after cleaning is done
- It’s an easy to store vacuum cleaner that you will enjoy using
- Foot Controls - easily control power on/off and cord rewind with controls right at your feet
- Recommended for carpet, rugs, upholstery, auto and hard floors
- 1 year warranty
|Reviewed by||David G.|
|Added on||January 27, 2016|
|Last modified||February 21, 2016|
The Dirth Devil Featherlite Cyclonic SD40100 vacuum cleaner is light and effective, moves well across the hard flooring without marking, and appears to be equally good at cleaning the rugs! I will say that this is a vacuum cleaner for people who are in needs of a really small, portable, but also powerful vacuum that gets all the "hard to get" spots but wants a vacuum cleaner that is not so expensive....Find out latest deals
If you are looking for a small, easy to maintain, light weight but yet powerful vacuum, Dirt Devil SD40100 delivers it all. This small but mighty vacuum has powerful cyclonic filtration for an added level of dirt separation. Combined with HEPA Media filtration to protect against over 99 percent of common dust and allergens. Featuring a small compact design to fit any home environment and tucks away nicely after cleaning is done. For those with hard floors this vacuum packs a punch with lightweight design and bare floor nozzle with retractable brush-it gets the dirtiest of messes. On-board tools help get into nooks and crannies that are above floor so you don't have to use another machine. The foot pedals make it simple to turn on and store quickly with automatic cord rewind. The motor is 10 amps and this probably helps with the noise level as it is not too loud, but it has plenty of power. The floor tool actually sticks to the floor to some degree from the suction, and the design of it allows it to suck up the entire width of the tool and even a couple of inches out. Light weight, easy to handle, and suction is good. You can use it for cleaning around the perimeter of rooms and into small difficult areas. Great on hardwood and ceramic floors. Obviously this vacuum was not designed to clean large areas with thick carpeting. However, it still does well for fast pick up cleaning over plush carpeting if you are in a hurry.
DESIGN & EASE OF USE
This small vacuum is a very good buy. It's lightweight, making it very easy to carry from its storage area. The suction is beyond what you expect from such a small machine. It is easy to go from room to room and take to the garage to vacuum your car's interior.You will like the retractable cord that is wound and stored with a push of a button. The accessories are handily attached to the wand.Overall, great little vac. It's small and portable enough to be used for daily touch ups. Powerful to pick up anything you may find around the house and, the bagless feature is a plus.
HIGHLIGHTS & SPECIFICATIONS
- The Dirt Devil Featherlite Cyclonic Bagless Canister Vacuum, SD40100 has an input power of 1200W
- Recommended for carpet, rugs, upholstery, auto and hard floors
- Canister vacuum
- 10-amp motor
- 16' cord with automatic cord rewind; easily step on button to quickly snap back cord for fast convenient storage
- 10" nozzle width
- Bottom-empty dirt cup easily empties dirt directly into the trash
- Washable HEPA filter allows you to rinse filter to prolong the life of your filter
- Advanced Cyclonic technology
- Includes hose and tools for above the floor cleaning
|Automatic cord rewind||Yes|
|Cord length||16 ft|
|Suction power control||No|
|Dimensions||20.0 x 10.0 x 13.0 inches|
Product PROs from real users:
- It is a small and easy to store vacuum cleaner.
- The Featherlite Canister Vacuum weighs only 9 lbs, which is really lightweight compared to other canister vacuums.
- The cord length (16 ft) and the hose length (7ft) lets you clean hard-to-reach areas easily using the many on-board attachments available.
- With this Dirt evil canister model, I had all that I needed: lightweight to quickly pick up dust, dirt and a little bit of dog hair. It's extremly easy to empty as well! Its power cord is fine for me, as I have have read somewhere on the net that some users find of somewhat short. If you have one electric outlet per room, you should be fine.
- I love to use it because it's so easy to use, the canister empties with the touch of a button. I love the dusting feature the most, I can dust all of my books and movies really easily, the whole vacuum is really light weight, and the automatic retraction of the electric plug is super.
Product CONs from real users:
- The vacuum has a crevice tool with a brush to fold down. The tool is too wide to fit into the opening of a forced hot water radiator.
- I wish the cord was longer. I love to plug into a central location and get everything done in one shot. An extension cord easily fixes that, and the cord retraction button is a refreshing change from having to hand wind the cord on the old vacuum cleaners.
- A little bit noisy.
- Plastic that is made of not so good on quality.
My final thoughts on the product and CVG rating
Overall, this vacuum cleaner is light and effective, has a good quality for the price, it's easy to carry and use and it comes with rubberized wheels so you don't have to worry about scratching your floors. Also, the wheels are independently moving so you can steer easily through your house.
|Suction power||8 out of 10|
|Motor power/amperage||8 out of 10|
|Accessories||9 out of 10|
|Special features||8 out of 10|
|Value for the price||7 out of 10|
|Weight and dimensions||9 out of 10|
|Filtration system and dust capacity||8 out of 10|
|Usability||8 out of 10|
|Warranty||9 out of 10|
|Customers reviews||8 out of 10|
|Total CVG rating||82 out of 100|
Just to conclude, I would recommend you this vacuum if you have less carpets on the floors, especially when it comes about thick carpets the performances are not too good. Otherwise, this is a great investment for your house and you will be really satisfied with the acquisition. A good offer is often found on Amazon so you can check the price here.
Thanks again for checking this guide and try to check the Comparison Chart in order to get an in-deep solution for your needs.
Hava a clean house,