Even though it makes all major appliances, Electrolux's history is closely tied to the vacuum cleaner. The company originated from the merger of two Swedish companies. One established company Lux AB, incorporated in 1901 by Sven Carlson, maker of large kerosene lamps for railway stations and the other, a new company founded by a former vacuum salesman. The merge appeared from the need of a new product for Lux AB because competitors started to make similar models of lamps and electric lighting started to compete with kerosene. So in 1912, the newly formed company started to manufacture electric vacuum cleaners.
The company merged with Svenska Elektron AB back in 1918 and the name changed to Elektrolux (the spelling was changed to "Electrolux" in 1957) so that back in 1918, the company had 400 employees.
Now Electrolux is a multinational appliance manufacturer, headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
The company is consistently ranked the world's second-largest appliance maker by units sold after Whirlpool which takes the first place.
Electrolux products sell under a variety of brand names (including its own), and are primarily major appliances and vacuum cleaners intended for consumer use, but the company also makes appliances for professional use.
Because of the fact that until year 2000 (when Aerus LLC. transferred trademark rights back to the Electrolux Group) in North America the Electrolux name was long-used by Aerus LLC, a vacuum cleaner manufacturer, who was originally established to sell Swedish Electrolux products, Electrolux-made vacuums carried the Eureka brand name. Electrolux continued to make Eureka-branded vacuums even after the company regained the right to use its own brand.
Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners
Electrolux Ultra Active Bagless Canister Vacuum
The Electrolux El4300B is a lightweight vacuum cleaner ideal for cleaning multiple surfaces types thanks to the motorized brushed roll. It has a powerful motor so you get plenty of suction power and has a lot of accessories for every cleaning need. This product also has a lot of cool safety features like the thermostat or the fact that it powers off if something gets stuck in the hose or nozzle. It also comes with a HEPA filter that is great against allergens and a 5 year guarantee. Here are a few of its features:
- Easily cleans different types of surfaces
- Cyclonic system(does not use filtration bags)
- Lightweight which allows users to maneuvrate it easy around the house
- Ergoshock cord wrap that helps protect the furniture that can also be used as a hose wrap
- Motorized brushed roll for that extra thourough cleanliness
- Thermostat that prevents the vacuum's motor from overheating
- Special 5 year warranty on all parts for normal household use
Electrolux UltraSilencer EL6986A
If you are looking for a vacuum with high suction power, that reaches all corners, and that is light in weight... this is the one.
The quiet but powerful EL6986A Electrolux Canister Vacuum has all the cleaning features you need for almost any floor surface.
This is a great vacuum for hardwood floors, tile, and low pile rugs. It is light weight, easy to maneuver, and has a really good suction. If you wish a new vacuum cleaner to give you a high efficiency when you are cleaning the house, Electrolux Canister Vacuum EL6986A model is very powerful and has a high suction capacity. The price is slightly higher, but worth the investment due to high performance and his capabilities. Let us not forget that this is an Electrolux, a Swedish premium brand, and look what the Swedish people made with Volvo brand.
- Hepa Filter – Premiun HEPA filtration removes 99.97% of dust and allergens of your home
- Electronic suction control button – Adjust to the proper suction level with just one touch, to clean your delicate draperies and upholstered furniture
- Electronic filter – lets you know when to change the filter so you have the highest cleaning performance
- Lightweight – easier for to get around,get up and down stairs and carry from room to room
- Low profile nozzle – the low profile nozzle reaches futher under the furniture in your home
- Ultra-silent cleaning with a low 65 dBA noise level
- Warranty 5 years
Electrolux's EL4335A UltraFlex Canister Vacuum offers excellent performance everywhere, designed for superior performance on super plush carpets. You may find it under UltraFlex or EL4335A UltraFlex, but it's just the same product. It has an upholstery nozzle as well as a bare floor nozzle to help you tackle all of your home's surfaces. With an on/off brushroll switch and three-level height adjustments, the EL4335A will clean all floor surfaces, from bare floors to plush carpets. A short list of its features are the following:
- Motion Control System - This vacuum cleaner provides a low center of gravity thanks to his large rear wheels and provide smooth swivel steering to twist and turn around furniture with ease
- Designed for extra performance on plush carpets
- The adjustable suction power button allows you to reduce suction power to safely clean delicate materials
- On/Off Brush roll switch and 3-level height adjustment to clean all floor surfaces from bare floors to plush carpets